This course is designed to enable qualified upperclass students to engage in independent study in film and media studies under the direction of a member of the Department. A student should consult with the faculty member with whom they wish to work as far in advance as possible.
- A faculty advisor must be identified.
- A proposal signed by the student and the faculty advisor needs to be emailed to the Dept. Chair (cc Dept. Administrator).
- Permission of instructor is required to register for this course, the Dept. Chair grants permission.
- One credit is granted for successful performance in this course.
- Students could request to complete a FILM 80 associated with an internship with the approval of the Chair and receive one credit for it, but this can not be done with paid or funded internships.