- Students wishing to do a production project must submit a proposal to the department administrator in the term before the project is to begin.
- Honors projects that do not include production must be approved by the advisor and the Chair.
- If this is a culminating experience project, the rules for culminating experience proposals apply.
- Only Film and Media Studies Majors and Modified Majors may apply.
- The member(s) of the Department who will supervise the project will be confirmed at the time the proposal is approved.
- An Honors project extends through two terms and receives two major credits.
- If the finished project does not achieve a grade of 3.3 or higher, the FILM 95 and FILM 96 Honors status will revert to FILM 80 (Independent Study) or FILM 93 (Major Project). For additional information, students should consult the Department Chair.